Timhotel Paris - Vue depuis l'hôtel Gare du Nord
The Saint-Martin Canal, a true village spirit
Discover Timhotel Paris Gare de l'Est and Timhotel Paris Gare du Nord, 3*** hotels ideally located in this strategic and dynamic area.
Timhotel Gare de l'Est : 200 metres from the Gare de l'Est
Our hotel Gare de l'Est is located in a quiet street in a typical Parisian neighbourhood. Close to the Gare de l'Est, but also to the Gare du Nord and the Canal Saint-Martin (7 minutes on foot), it offers easy and quick access to all of Paris.
Whether you are on a family holiday or a business trip, our 54 rooms are equipped to welcome you in the best conditions. We welcome you in a classic building from the 1900's, completely renovated in 2021, with an unobstructed view of the former Récollet monastery. Our bedding is top of the range and our breakfasts are copious.
Timhotel Gare du Nord: in the heart of Paris 10, opposite the Gare du Nord.
Our 3*** Gare du Nord hotel has 46 comfortable rooms, equipped with flat screen TVs, safes and courtesy trays.
The North and East Stations
These two stations, located 750m apart, welcome millions of travellers every year. At the crossroads of numerous metro and RER lines, these stations are essential meeting points for all those who wish to reach the centres of interest in Paris, such as Notre Dame de Paris (line 4 - 20 min), the Palais Garnier (line 7 - 12 min) or the Jardin des Plantes (line 5 - 18 min).
A regional and international station, the Gare du Nord (Thalys, Eurostar), connects Amsterdam in 3h15, London in 3h and Brussels in 2h. Built in 1865, at the head of the Parisian railway network, it is the leading station in Europe in terms of traffic. Its neoclassical façade is decorated with 23 statues by famous sculptors.
The Paris Gare de l'Est - Gare du Nord district: welcome to the 10th arrondissement
For outdoor walks:
- The Canal Saint-Martin: 4.55 km long, linking the Bassin de la Villette to the Port de l'Arsenal, you can take a walk on its beautiful footbridges and enjoy the atmosphere of the district with its lively bars and bistros.
- The Villemin Garden: 2 minutes from our hotel near the Gare de l'Est, this green space was created on the former Villemin military hospital. Nearly 20,000 m² of nature to walk around and admire the statues, enjoy the children's playgrounds or the plantations.
- The esplanade of the Place de la République: redeveloped in 2013, the square is a great place for walkers with its chairs and tables laid out everywhere. In its centre stands the 9.5 metre high bronze statue of the Republic. The Place de la République has become the place to be for processions and demonstrations, but also for night owls who want to enjoy the many bars, discotheques and theatres in the area.
- Rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis: the main thoroughfare between the working-class districts of Strasbourg Saint Denis and Gare du Nord, it is home to numerous bars and shops that reflect the mixed nature of this district. At the level of the Strasbourg Saint Denis metro station, stands the imposing Arc de Triomphe erected in 1672 to demarcate Paris and its suburbs.
For a drink or a meal:
- Head to the banks of the Canal Saint Martin to visit the terraces of Chez Prune, Le Verre volé, Philou or Bob's Juice Bar for a drink or a snack.
- Café A: a restaurant with a huge open-air terrace. A warm and peaceful atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle.
- Les Enfants Perdus: Chic restaurant offering lunch and weekend brunch with classic brasserie dishes and wine.
- The General Counter: a real cabinet of curiosities. One of the most atypical and surprising spots in the capital, with a capacity of nearly 200 people. The room has a boat bar, private rooms and a vast oriental mezzanine.
- The Cork and Cavan Pub: a pub with a central counter, library area, darts area and 2 screens for match nights.
For strolling and shopping:
- The shops along the Canal Saint-Martin, a district that has inspired great designers.
- The "Little India" district: travel for a moment to the Brady passage in the 10th arrondissement. Many traditional shops to find wonders at small prices.
- The Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est shopping centres for last minute shopping
For lively evenings:
- Le Point Ephémère: the art centre located at 200 quai de Valmy in the 10th arrondissement of Paris. There are concerts, exhibitions, conferences, but also restaurants and rooftop.
- Le Bizz'art: one of the liveliest bars on the Canal Saint Martin. We dine and dance here.
- Théâtre du Splendid: a café-theatre, temple of humour inaugurated in 1896.
- L'Alhambra: A theatre where plays, one-man shows, concerts and children's shows are performed.
What to do around our hotels in the Gare de l'Est - Gare du Nord area?
- Parc de la Villette: Enjoy the largest urban cultural park in Paris with its 55 hectares of nature. You can get there by transport, on foot and even by boat. Many events are organised throughout the year such as the Jazz de la Villette festival, the film festival, concerts, shows and exhibitions. There are playgrounds for children.
- Cité de la Sciences et de l'Industrie: in the Parc de la Villette, this cultural establishment deals with the challenges of science, research and industry in a fun way for young and old.
- Parc des Buttes-Chaumont : An English-style garden with a mountain-like setting. 25 hectares of nature in the heart of the 19th arrondissement of Paris.
- The Montmartre district and its Basilica of the Sacred Heart: a village in the heart of the Parisian city located in the 18th arrondissement. Cobbled streets, bistros, artists and its famous Basilica. The Sacré Coeur houses the largest mosaic in France (480m²). From the top of the Montmartre hill, it offers a breathtaking view of the whole capital.
- The Pigalle district: a trendy area of Paris below the Montmartre hill, known for its famous Moulin Rouge cabaret and its eclectic nightlife. During the day, take the opportunity to visit the Musée de la Vie Romantique and take a gourmet break in its gardens.
Are you a sports fan?
From our hotels, you have direct access to the Stade de France thanks to the RER B. In about ten minutes, you can reach the place where the biggest sports competitions are played.
On a business trip?
For your business trips, the 3-star Gare du Nord hotel offers direct access to the Villepinte exhibition centre, Le Bourget, Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport and the Grande Halle de la Villette.
In addition to their ideal location close to the railway stations, our hotels offer many services to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Want to book your stay in this lively area of the capital?Take advantage of the best rate guaranteed on our site.
Timhotel, 15 hotels 3*** and 4**** located in the best areas of Paris.