Great and small stories in Montparnasse
We have 3 establishments in this district, straddling the 14th and 15th arrondissements. A place rich in entertainment, cafés and restaurants accessible from all over Paris.
This district has many metro lines. By staying in our hotels you will be able to easily reach all the major Parisian attractions: The Eiffel Tower, the Trocadero and the Arc de Triomphe (line 6), the Musée d'Orsay or the Sacré Cœur (line 12), the Théâtre du Chatelet (line 4), the Opéra Garnier and the Madeleine (line 12).
Timhotel Paris Gare Montparnasse : 150m from Gare Montparnasse
Our hotel Gare Montparnasse, in a classic building on rue de l'Arrivée, is ideally located opposite the Montparnasse Tower and a stone's throw from the train station.
It offers fully equipped rooms for business trips or for friends and family.
Gare Montparnasse: located between the 14th and 15th arrondissements of Paris, it welcomes millions of travellers every year and links the capital to all the regions of Western France.
Timhotel Tour Montparnasse: a charming address in the heart of the theatre district
Our 3*** Tour Montparnasse hotel
, located in an Art Deco building, provides access to numerous restaurants, shows and shops. It offers comfortable rooms
for stays with friends or family.
The Montparnasse Tower: built in 1969 and 209m high, it offers its visitors one of the most beautiful 360° views of Paris. As soon as the weather is fine, many Parisians come to enjoy its rooftop, the highest terrace in the capital, for a drink at sunset. Its Panoramic Observatory offers an unforgettable experience on the 56th floor.
Timhotel Odessa Montparnasse: in the heart of a lively district
Our Odessa Montparnasse hotel
, a beautiful classic Parisian building in a very good location, provides access to many services day and night. Its quiet rooms
welcome tourists and business travellers.
Rue Odessa Montparnasse: an emblematic street of Paris, known by pancake lovers because of the Breton community that settled in the area in the late 19th century.
Montparnasse, an entertainment district: theatres, restaurants, shows
The Parisian theatre district
- The Montparnasse theatre: a theatre since 1886, with an eclectic programme. One of the most important places of Parisian culture
- The Gaîté theatre: opened in 1868, this theatre used to host dancers and successful revues. Since then, all styles have been performed in this mythical theatre
- The Théâtre de Poche: a private Parisian theatre. Its bar offers light meals and a selection of wines before and after each show
- Le Grand Point Virgule: 2 theatres opened in 2012 in a former cinema. The programme includes comedy, music and children's shows
Gourmet breaks in unmissable cafés and restaurants:
- La Closerie des Lilas: a legendary restaurant, brasserie and piano bar. All the artists have flocked there since 1847: from Emile Zola to Picasso, from Hemingway to Tim Burton
- The Ciel de Paris restaurant: located 200 metres above the ground, at the top of the Montparnasse tower. Extraordinary panorama guaranteed
- La Coupole: a brasserie in the 14th arrondissement, a former Mecca of the Parisian elite
- Le Bouillon Chartier Montparnasse: the authentic Bouillon Rive Gauche. A mythical Parisian brasserie from the Roaring Twenties, whose building has been listed as a historical monument since 1984. The restaurant offers a menu of tasty French dishes at low prices
- Daguerre street, famous for its food shops. A lively and bustling street
- Not forgetting the many crêperies that dot the rue Odessa
Strolls away from the hustle and bustle:
- Les Jardins de l'Atlantique: a walk on the roofs of the Montparnasse station (access by lift on rue du Commandant Mouchotte). A 3-hectare hanging garden laid out in 1994 above the Montparnasse TGV station
- Parc Montsouris: one of the largest green spaces in Paris. It is a favourite place for students of the Cité Universitaire Paris 14 to relax
- The Montparnasse cemetery: home to many personalities, just like the Père Lachaise cemetery. A place full of trees, a real haven of peace.
- The Catacombs of Paris: the largest underground ossuary in the world, 1,500 metres long, open to the public since 1809. A veritable labyrinth, it contains over 6 million Parisian bones.
- Artists' studios: from Pablo Picasso's studio to Matisse's house, from the Giacometti Institute to the Villa Vassilieff. The 14th arrondissement is a real landmark for artists.
What to do around this Montparnasse district?
- Visit the Rodin Museum and the Hôtel National des Invalides in the 7th arrondissement, on the banks of the Seine
- Go up to the IIe de la Cité to contemplate the majestic Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral
- Stroll through the Jardin du Luxembourg, divided into French and English gardens. 25 hectares of gardens with a large pond, an orchard, an apiary, greenhouses and a rose garden. The garden offers free exhibitions and tennis, chess and bridge tournaments
On a business trip?
Our 3 hotels in the Montparnasse district offer you many services to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They are ideally located in Paris Rive Gauche: close to the Gare Montparnasse and 6 metro stops from Paris Expo Porte de Versailles.
Want to book your stay in this lively area of the capital? Take advantage of the best rate guaranteed on our site.
, 15 hotels 3*** and 4**** located in the best areas of Paris.