Entertainment and change of scenery
Discover our Timhotel Gare de Lyon and its district in the 12th arrondissement of Paris. A right bank district, rich in entertainment.
Our hotel Timhotel Gare de Lyon : facing the famous rue Crémieux
Our hotel Gare de Lyon is located in a quiet street away from the hustle and bustle, in an old building revisiting the Parisian classic. Our Timhotel faces the rue Crémieux, an alley with very colourful houses, a little Parisian jewel that has become a must-see on social networks.
Our 3*** hotel is located only 5 minutes walk from the Gare de Lyon (400 metres) and offers comfortable rooms for your stay as a couple, friends or family.
Gare de Lyon: a starting point for French cities
Connecting most French cities to the capital, Gare de Lyon is a key meeting point for all those who wish to reach the centres of interest in Paris.
Line 1 of the metro, crossing Paris from East to West, allows you to reach the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Elysées or the Louvres Museum and the Tuileries Gardens in a few minutes.
The RER A connects Gare de Lyon with Disneyland Paris and the business district of La Défense.
The Gare de Lyon is also an 8-minute walk from the Gare d'Austerlitz, 10 minutes away, or the Gare de Bercy.
And if you are looking for a hotel with a green interior terrace in Paris, discover our Timhotel Nation, 10 minutes by metro from the Gare de Lyon and 2 minutes from the Place de la Nation, also convenient for Disneyland or La Défense.
The 12ème district, a district of entertainment and change of scenery
Concerts and cultural events:
- At the Accor Arena: or Palais omnisports de Paris-Bercy (POPB). This 20,000-seat venue is a must-see entertainment venue, hosting sports competitions, concerts and exceptional shows throughout the year.
- At the Opéra Bastille: an emblematic monument in the 12ème arrondissement of Paris, around the Place de la Bastille. A symbolic place of the French Revolution.
- At the François Mitterrand Library: the BnF regularly offers a programme of temporary exhibitions (photography, contemporary art). Its reading rooms enclose a forest garden of more than one hectare. This building, which has been open to the public since 1996, is located just a stone's throw from the quays of the Seine and their festive atmosphere all summer long.
A gourmet break in some of the best cafés/restaurants in the world:
- Café Barjot: now an institution on Avenue Ledru-Rollin. A brasserie with a red front and a warm restaurant.
- Le Bistrot d'Avron: 5 minutes from the Place de la Nation, a wine bar offering traditional cuisine.
- L'Usine de Charonne: the neighbourhood canteen. A tapas café and restaurant with a beautiful and large terrace.
- The Cour Saint-Emilion: cinema, shops, restaurants are all gathered on this private road in the Bercy district. In the middle of the street, you can still see the rails that were used to transport the wine. An ideal place to combine a shopping session with a gourmet meal.
- The Marché d'Aligre: a covered market (Halle Beauvau) and open-air market, between Place de la Bastille and Place de la Nation, popular with Parisians. This huge market offers both foodstuffs and a section dedicated to flea markets for bargain hunters.
- Not forgetting the many terraces on the Place de la Nation
A bucolic interlude:
- Parc de Bercy: a modern park with many faces between the Accor Hotels Arena and Bercy Village. This park, often overlooked, occupies the site of the former Bercy warehouses. With nearly 14 hectares of plots, allow yourself time to explore it.
- Parc Floral de Paris: located on the edge of the Bois de Vincennes (only 6 metro stops from Timhotel Gare de Lyon). This extraordinary 35-hectare park is famous for its botanical garden and its numerous exhibitions. A paradise of rare plants and flowers just a stone's throw from the Château de Vincennes. A huge outdoor playground for families.
What to do around this area Gare de Lyon?
- Wander through the alleys of the Jardin des Plantes, a botanical garden in the 5ème arrondissement, the heart of the Museum of Natural History. This garden houses galleries, a zoo, a menagerie and sometimes ephemeral exhibitions without its paths. Just across the Austerlitz bridge, a few minutes walk from the Gare de Lyon
- Go to the famous Place des Vosges in the Marais district. One of the oldest and most beautiful squares in Paris, it is home to numerous private mansions that have been transformed into museums: the Picasso Paris Museum, the Carnavalet Museum, Victor Hugo's house, etc.
- Stroll through the streets of the Latin Quarter, located in the 5e arrondissement. One of the oldest and best known districts of Paris. A must-see place in the capital and a haunt for students at the Sorbonne, the Collège de France and the Lycée Henri IV.
- On the edge of the Latin Quarter, the Jardin du Luxembourg is divided into French and English gardens. 25 hectares composed of a large pond, an orchard, an apiary, greenhouses and a rose garden. The garden offers free exhibitions and tennis, chess and bridge tournaments.
- Discover the Arab world at the IMA, the Arab World Institute, a true cultural centre with a museum, library, exhibitions, concerts and shows
Want to book your stay in this lively area of the capital? Take advantage of the best rate guaranteed on our site.
Timhotel, 15 hotels 3*** and 4**** located in the best areas of Paris.