Shopping and music
Discover our 3 star hotel in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, a stone's throw from the Capital's department stores
Timhotel Opéra Madeleine : Facing the Saint Lazare train station, a few steps from the Opera
Our Haussmannian hotel has 83 rooms including 8 family rooms. Ideally located in front of the Gare Saint Lazare, 10 minutes from the Opera Garnier and the Champs-Elysées. Our rooms are elegant, spacious, air-conditioned and soundproofed.
The location of the hotel allows you to have a complete offer of restaurants and services at any time.
Saint Lazare station: Located in the 8th district of Paris, Saint Lazare is one of the 6 major stations of the Parisian network. It welcomes each year more than 100 million passengers. It is the intersection of many metro lines (3, 12, 13, 14), RER (A and E) but also trains serving most of Normandy in a few hours.
The Paris Opera - Palais Garnier : Located in the 9th district of Paris, it was built by Charles Garnier from 1861 to 1875. This building of marble and gold is a mythical place of the capital. Inside, sumptuous salons and foyers, as well as paintings and sculptures. Several lyrical and choreographic representations are played all year long. This place is open to visitors. The Opera Garnier is easily accessible from our hotels located near the Grands Magasins, Gare Saint-Lazare, Place de la Madeleine, Montmartre, the Louvre and the Palais Royal.
The Saint Lazare - Opera district, a central, lively and mythical area of Paris:
Leisure activities accessible in a few minutes:
- The Mogador Theater: built in the 1910s, this theater can accommodate more than 1600 people. Many shows are performed there and a complete catering service is offered.
- The Mathurins theater : historical theater, mythical with its 2 Italian style theaters. A great classic of Parisian theaters.
- The Fontaine theater: the Mecca of the Comédie Parisienne. Comedians such as Louis de Funès, Michel Serrault or Jean Poiret made their debut there.
- L'Olympia : Concert and show hall where many artists perform throughout the year. This mythical hall welcomes nearly 2,000 people.
- Casino de Paris : The biggest names of the French and international song followed one another as well as French comedians. This showroom is located in the 9th district of Paris.
- The Musée Grévin : located in the 9th arrondissement, this museum has more than 3,000 wax figures. Meet celebrities from yesterday to today.
Mythical places of Paris to discover:
- Place de la Madeleine: with its 19th century parish church, designed by Napoleon I for the glory of his great army in the early 1800s.
- Place Vendôme: considered one of the most luxurious places in the world. The greatest names in jewelry have chosen to live there. Located in the 1st arrondissement, in the heart of the capital.
- The Place Saint Augustin: which owes its name to the presence of the Church Saint Augustin dating from 1871.
- La Concorde: the largest square in Paris, at the foot of the Avenue des Champs-Elysées. You can't miss its Obelisk, a monument erected as a sign of peace between Egypt and France. Take the opportunity to get some height by going on board the Ferris Wheel which offers a breathtaking view of the capital.
- The Jardin des Tuileries: more than 25 hectares to stroll in the center of Paris. Every year it hosts the Christmas market or the Tuileries fair (July - August). At its western end you will find the Jeu de Paume and the Orangerie museum.
- Parc Monceau : famous park where Marcel Proust liked to stroll. This garden is one of the most elegant in Paris. It is surrounded by sumptuous private mansions. A quiet and pleasant park, frequented by Parisians and tourists.
Do you like shopping? You are in the right place:
- Le Passage du Havre : shopping mall in the heart of Saint Lazare with 40 fashion, beauty, decoration and home area stores. This space has a garden with trees and a summer terrace.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann and Le Printemps Haussmann: temples of luxury and symbols of Parisian fashion abroad. These two Parisian department stores are easily accessible from Opera and Saint Lazare. After your shopping, don't hesitate to go to their Rooftop to enjoy the panoramic view while sipping a cocktail.
- Avenue Montaigne: a mecca for Parisian fashion
- The Champs-Elysées : 2 km long, this famous avenue is the place to be for shopping addicts. Luxury and Haute Couture boutiques rub shoulders with more affordable ready-to-wear brands. The avenue connects the Arc de Triomphe to the Place de la Concorde. Every year the 14th of July parade treads its cobblestones.
You want to go out until the end of the night?
- Pigalle : South of the boulevard Clichy, this district is famous for its nightlife and its red lights, but also the Moulin Rouge, the most famous cabaret in the world. Located in the 19th arrondissement, you can go out to a nightclub, have a drink, go to a restaurant or even attend extraordinary shows: glitter, rhinestones, feathers, dancers are there.
- Rue des Dames and Rue Legendre: there is a wide choice of trendy bars and restaurants. These two streets lead to the village district of Batignolles in the 17th arrondissement, known for its bohemian streets, unusual stores and picturesque brasseries.
- The Grands Boulevards: a must for many Parisians in search of nightlife. The famous Grand Rex cinema and its club, the Rex Club, are located in the basement.
On a business trip?
For your business stays, the 3*** Opéra Madeleine hotel offers many services to facilitate your trip. It is also the only hotel of the Group to have seminar rooms for your meetings or professional events.
Its ideal location opposite the Saint-Lazare train station will also facilitate travel, especially for customers coming from Brittany or Normandy.
Want to book your stay in this lively area of the capital?Take advantage of the best rate guaranteed on our site.
Timhotel, 15 hotels 3*** and 4**** located in the best areas of Paris.