Tristan and Isolde
11/09/2018 - 09/10/2018
An immense love.
In order to put Tristan and Isolde to music - the story of a love too great for the material world - Wagner stretches the boundaries of his art: a moving tone, languid tension, the resolution ever delayed until the death of Isolde's love - "this breath of the world to which she abandons herself, the flood that envelopes her, and in which she drowns ..."
Under the baton of conductor Philippe Jordan, this production brings together two major artists: director Peter Sellars and video artist Bill Viola. On stage, the video artist has developed a world of parallel images, a life beyond life which is like "a reflection of the spirit world in the mirror of time."
Paris Opera - Garnier Palace
8 rue Scribe
01 40 01 17 89
From Tuesday 11 September to Tuesday 9 October 2018 :
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 18:00 to 23:30
Admission prices :
- Gold Circle : 195 €
- Price category 1 (full price) : 165 €
- Price category 2 (full price) : 155 €
- Price category 3 (full price) : 145 €
- Price category 4 (full price) : 125 €
- Price category 5 (full price) : 100 €
- Price category 6 (full price) : 70 €
RER A: Auber
A 4 minute walk from Auber